The Wabash River Running Club (WRRC), based in Lafayette, IN was formed in the mid-1980s. The Club has grown to 130 members, drawing runners from Lafayette, West Lafayette and surrounding communities.
Our Club attracts runners of all abilities and fitness goals, ranging from the recreational jogger to the highly competitive road racer. We host weekly group runs on Wednesday, Saturday, & Sunday.
All abilities welcome – NO PACE TOO SLOW!
WRRC is a member organization of the Road Runners Club of America
Wabash River Runners Club purposes are:
- Promote and encourage the sport of running
- Promote and encourage the pleasure, exercise and recreation of runners (in general) and WRRC members (in particular)
- Promote sociability and friendship among the members of WRRC
- Manage and conduct running events, training runs, exercises and social meeting for the members of WRRC and other runners
We are friendly group and look forward to running with you whatever your pace. You do not have to be a member to join us for a run. Many club members meet up for additional weekly workouts (e.g., speed, hills, weights, etc.). Please contact the club if you have specific questions about pace, distance, routes and more.
- Tapawingo Park Parking lot at the end of Brown Street on the Levee.
- Distance: 4 ~ 6 miles
- Pace: Varies
- Start: 6:00pm
Saturday – Heritage Trail Run
- Meet in front of the Panera in Wabash Landing. Groups run along the Heritage Trail. Many people visit and eat breakfast at Panera afterwards.
- Distance: 4 ~ 8 miles
- Pace: Varies
- Start: 8:00am
Sunday – usually longer runs
- Cafe Literato on the NE corner of Northwestern and Lindberg in West Lafayette. Many people visit and eat breakfast at Cafe Literato afterwards.
- Distance: 6 ~ 12+ miles
- Pace: 8:30 ~ 10:00+
- Start: 6:45am ~ 9 min/mi [usually 12+ miles]
- Start: 7:00am ~ 9:30-10:00 min/mi [usually 6+ miles]