Sign up today for the Make it Happen 5K David Ide Memorial Run. This run is to honor the memory of Cornerstone Autism Center‘s founder David Ide. The Cornerstone Autism Foundation raises funds in order to provide grants to local agencies that serve individuals on the autism spectrum. The Make It Happen 5K is just one of many ways the foundation raises the needed funds.
- When: September 20, 2014 @ 9 AM
- Distances Offered: 5K or 1 Mile Run/Walk
- Registration: 5K – $25 w/shirt or $15 w/o shirt (both before 9/18)
- 1 Mile – $15 w/shirt or $5 w/o shirt (both before 9/18)
- Starting Location: Cornerstone Autism Center (3482 McClure Ave, W Lafayette)
Register today for the Pine Village Hunger Run.
- When: Saturday, August 2, 2014
- Start time: 8 AM
- Location: Pine Village Christian Church Family Life Center
- Registration form here
- Entry Fees: 5K Race Individual………………..$15.00
- 1 Mile Fun Walk…………………….$10.00
- Kiddie Run (Under Age 10)……..Two cans of food for the Food Panty
- One Family-Unlimited entires…..$35.00
- Distances Offered: 5 K Run/Walk and 1 mile Fun Run/Walk
Here is an excellent opportunity for some fall leaf peeping. Register today to run the Adams Mill Covered Bridge Half Marathon or Two Mile Run.
- Date: Saturday, October 4, 2014
- Location: Flora, IN (intersection of SR 75 and SR 18)
- Time: Half Marathon begins at 9 AM
- $5 Discount on registration for WRRC members (Must register by mail or in person at the Community Center in Flora)
- Chip Timed by the Franklin Finish
Get a team together or register yourself in the Brad Krick Memorial 5K. Race will be held on July 26 starting at 7:15 AM at the Tippecanoe Amphitheater. Race is held in memorial for Brad Krick and funds are raised to bring awareness and and educate people on the danger and tragedy of drowsy, distracted, and impaired driving.
We had the election for the WRRC Board Members today. We want
thank the members that took time out of their day to come and vote!! The
Results are in now and we have some new members on the Board.
We want to Congratulate those people and thank them for volunteering
their time to support the Club. We are proud to announce the following
- President: Cyndi Meacham
- Vice President: Susan Lauro
- Treasurer: Mark Acher
- Secretary: Nancy Weinberg
- Membership Director: Barb Doremire
Please join us in Congratulating these people and I want to thank everyone
for their confidence in all of us. Please feel free to contact any of these Board
members at any time with suggestions or comments.
I might add that we want to thank Bill Bombassaro for his 10 years of service.
He has offered to be available to consult and assist in the future and we do
appreciate it and will take him up on it. We certainly have relied on him
and his advice many times in the past and will miss him at the meetings.
Also Bill completed another task for the Club just this morning before the election.
He measured the Farmer’s Market 5K route and found the members were correct
and the route was a little long. He has made corrections with new markers of white
paint. The start will be moved forward at the next race.
It’s communication like this that help us meet your expectations!
Thanks –keep running and smiling,
Wabash River Runners Club President