Sign up to run the Krannert 5K for a Cause by March 17th to guarantee a t-shirt and entry to raffle for prizes.
This 5k run/walk is being held to raise funds for the Special Olympics. Each year a team of Purdue MBA students travels to Duke University to compete with other top business schools from around the U.S. in Olympic-style events with Special Athletes. These events are one way the team gains points. The other aspect of the point system at the Games is based on the quantity of funds the team raises for the Special Olympics. This is where the funds acquired from the Krannert 5k for a Cause will provide the needed support to nearly 37,000 children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Date: 3/30/2014
- Start Time: 10 AM
- Location: Engineering Fountain, Purdue University
- Registration: $20 students, $25 for non-students
100% of your contribution will help provide year-round sports training and competition for the Special Olympians. Additional donations can be made here. Remember, not only can you help the MBA team win, but 100% of all donations go directly to the Special Olympics.
I don’t know about you, but I am really looking forward to some spring racing! Sign-up for these great events and fill your April race calendar.
- Race: Right Steps CDC 5K Run/Walk
- Date and Start Time: April 5th at 9 AM
- Location: Prophetstown State Park
- Distances Offered: 5K
- Registration Cost: $25 (early registration guarantees a shirt) Link to sign up
- Special Information: Not only will the first Right Steps Run be a fun and healthy way to spend a morning or provide a great opportunity to train for a later race, it will also support many children in families who need help to afford high quality child care. Right Steps’ mission to provide and advocate for quality child care and early education is based on our belief that all children deserve quality child care that prepare them for future success. Please help us make that happen!
- Race: Attica Doggie Dash and Dawdle
- Date and Start Time: April 26th at 9 AM
- Location: Attica Elementary School
- Distances Offered: 5K and 1 mile Dawdle
- Registration: $20, Link for more info
- Special Information: Proceeds from this race will go directly to our local animal shelter. Funds will be directed to the Sick and Injured Animal Fund. This fund gives resources to treat sick or injured animals with the goal of finding a permanent home.
If you bring items for the shelter, you can enter our raffle. Items we need include: dog food, cat food, kitty litter, laundry detergent, leashes, and drinking bowls.
- Race: JCM5K
- Date and Start Time: April 26th at 9 am
- Location: Cumberland Park South Shelter
- Distances Offered: 5K and Kids Fun Run
- Registration: Variable cost, prices increase on 2/28 and on 4/15
- Special Information: In it’s 6th year, the JCM5k has now raised over $50,000 for the Lafayette Crisis Center and Mental Health America of Tippecanoe County. Age Group Awards and Tech Shirts are offered.
Looking forward to some spring runs? Then sign up today for the Dayton Dash 5K or 10K.
- Start time: 9 AM
- Date: 4/19/2014
- Distances Offered: 5K, 10K and Kids Fun Run
- Registration: Click here
- Special Incentives: High quality tech shirts for pre-registered participants.
- All proceeds benefit the Upward Sports basketball and cheerleading programs
Check out the route for the 2014 RITNY WRRC run. The run starts on the Pedestrian Bridge and routes around the West Lafayette trails for about 2 miles. The course gets a bit squiggly as you enter Tapawingo Park, but it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out and will be marked with sidewalk chalk.
Reminders for the race :
- Registration and Breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn
- Run Start: 10:00 am New Year’s Day
- Buffet breakfast after the run
- Dress for cold weather!
In just a few weeks, the annual WRRC Run in the New Year (RITNY) run will occur on Wednesday January 1st. This event is the best way for you to join or renew your membership in the club. The easiest way for your to renew or join is to open and save this form, print it, fill it in, and bring it with you to the Hilton Garden Inn in the Wabash Landing shopping center. We will also have forms for you to fill out in case you forget or do not have a printer. The club meets in the hotel lobby and goes for a brisk run/walk around the river. The run starts at 10 AM with registration and membership renewal beginning at 9 AM.
After the run, the club eats a buffet breakfast in the hotel. This is a great way to meet members of the club and to start working off some of those holiday goodies. Hope to see you for our first run of 2014!!